Monday, January 27, 2014

Classroom Management Series #1

If asked to describe my perfect class, I would say:
  • lesson plan and materials are prepared
  • I was able to greet students at the door
  • class started on time 
  • students followed rules and participated!
  • students understood the material 
I ask teachers this question at the start of every classroom management workshop I do.  Most every teacher mentions the students behaving as part of their perfect class.  When asked what is the hardest part of their perfect class, teachers normally say the students behavior.  

This series on classroom management will focus on the students' behavior.  Every Wednesday, we will conquer student discipline problems.  That's right!  We, as in you AND me, will be tackling those issues such as students talking when they should NOT, cell phone usage in class, interrupting, etc.  

Each Wednesday, I will post a student behavior we want to address and your tips.  Tips I gather from my readers, tips from the teachers at the classroom management workshops, tips from books, and my own experience.  

How will I get my readers' tips?  I will post the next week's question at the end of that day's post, and the readers will leave their tips in the comment section.  Like this: 

How do you handle students who talk when they are not supposed to?  Please leave your tips in the comment box below!  

Please check back THIS WEDNESDAY to see your's and other's tips for handling this discipline problem.  

No comments:

Post a Comment