Monday, March 24, 2014

Open Letter to my Readers


Hello faithful readers, how are you doing?  Things are going well in my neck of the woods.  However, life is about to change! The Hubs and I are finishing up our two year commitment to Peace Corps  and Costa Rica in the next couple of weeks.  So that means we will packing up our life here and moving back in with the parental units. 
From this 

to this 

This blog started because of the work I was doing in my community and it has come to be near and dear to my heart.  It has pushed me and challenged my creativity in the best way possible! 

While I am transitioning into my new role as US citizen again, this blog will be on a short hiatus.  In the next two months I will be moving back to my Hometown, watching a sister in law graduate college, writing resumes and filling out applications, traveling to another state to look for a job, and traveling with my husband’s family to Europe(!). Along with stuffing my face with my favorite foods (Mexican and Dr. Pepper) and visiting all my friends and family whom I have missed the past two years. So needless to say, the blog will take a hit.  And while I have had short hiatuses in the past (I am a terrible blogger) this one will help me focus on me and the direction of this blog. 

I will no longer be teaching English as Foreign Language.  I will hopefully be jumping back into teaching science or math at the middle school level (I was a science teacher for two years before becoming and Peace Corps Volunteer).  This blog will most likely represent that aspect of my teaching along with classroom management (I am crazy passionate about managing a classroom well).  I envision still trying to incorporate ESL lessons. 

So please bear with me and check back ever so often the next few weeks.  I am still going to try to post some ESL lesson plans. 
Yours truly, Erin 

No comments:

Post a Comment