Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Classroom Management Series #2: The Reasons


Last week I challenged you to list your classroom management problems on this template in order to address the underlying reason why students do things.  

We tackled specific issues in the first classroom management series BUT it didn’t focus on the real reason why students were acting in that manner sooo…the behaviors were more likely to return. 

This classroom management series will tackle the core problem of the students’ behaviors and the procedures to prevent them (not punishment).     

Let’s get down to business...here is my My Classroom Management Plan.  I am still brainstorming issues and their reasons, so my list is ever evolving.    

Classroom management is not about discipline. 
Classroom management is about organization and consistency. (The Classroom Management Book, p. 8)

Next week we will start on students don’t understand instructions and procedures to help combat that.  If you have any procedures (how things are done) for giving instructions please leave them in the comment section below.  Remember procedures have no penalties or rewards.  

If there is a classroom issue you want me to address, please leave it in the comments section as well. 

The authors of The Classroom Management Book and The First Days of School do not know I am using their books and I am not benefitting from mentioning them.  However, I HIGHLY recommend reading both of these books if you are teaching.  

No comments:

Post a Comment